You are hereAbout Us / Our Mission Statement
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide a complete Montessori program which considers the emotional, intellectual, physical, and social development of the total child by addressing the uniqueness of each in a nurturing, emotionally secure and academically excellent environment.
- The spirit/psyche of the child in all its aspects is our first priority.
- All children need affirmation to have a positive self-image so they may know of themselves,
"I am lovable and OK."
- Children learn best in an environment of love, security, understanding, and consistency.
- Education is not acquired by listening to words but by experiences in which the child is a participant in his/her environment.
- Children should be treated with respect.
- Children need to be listened to in an atmosphere in which they feel safe in expressing dissenting view points.
- Success builds confidence.
- A spirit of cooperation rather than competition is the best atmosphere for learning.
- Children need to learn how to think for themselves and how to solve problems in original and creative ways.
- Children should be taught to respect the rights of others and to appreciate the contributions of all life.
- Teachers should encourage and inspire children to do not only the minimum, but also their best.
- Learning should be a happy, joyous experience!